Tuesday, January 16, 2007

On the road again…

Jan 14th ...
We want to apologize for the lack of photos on today´s Blog. The Internet was acting up and we were unable to post any, however we will add them when we can.

Today we said goodbye to our gracious hosts and hit the road- ALL day long. We did make it out of bed at the crack of dawn to do a little birding. Some of the group even saw some… It was an interesting drive again as we made our way from the Amazon back towards Quito to the San Jorge Eco-lodge.

Highlights of the day included singing Milli Vanilli (Hector didn’t see that one coming!), purchasing shrunken heads, and a banana-themed lunch. We really were in the van a long time. Finally, we arrived at our new home for the next three days. The hardest part of the whole day was trying to climb up the stairs to our rooms, the elevation is kicking our butts.

On a high note, we have been lugging around our donation of clothing throughout Ecuador. Today, we were finally able to make our donation to the clothing drive at the San Jorge Eco-lodge. Thank you to everyone who contributed to this cause.

Uno update: We have decided to go with NASCAR style scoring for our tournament, with each location counting as a series contributing to the overall championship.
Keri is leading with 6 points, Bob 5, Amy 4, Grace 3, James 2, and last but not least, TeeJay with 1 point.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great write-up --sounds like you are trying everything. I don't think I'd be in line for lemon flavored ants!!

I love the stylish white boots! I guess Bob was easy to spot in the rainforest.

So, how will the NASCAR style of scoring work when "chaperone" #1 leaves? Will Bob's score be passed on to Dr. Bob?!

Anonymous said...

Keep on having fun. This trip is so much more than I imagined it'd be. You guys must be blown away by all of these experiences!!

Enjoy Tinalandia. Take care.

Sorry, I needed 2 posts to say what I wanted to say!

Dr. REL said...

Uh, Oh, looks like I'll have big "boots" (white ones!) to fill when Bob S. leaves!! Thanks, Bob, for all your help and contributions on this trip.....since we won't really see one another as the torch is passed this weekend, I wanted to send my appreciation this way via the BLOG...which, by the way, has been received so well back here. Have a great and safe trip back to the States. Oh, yes, winter has returned here as it was 18F when I left for work this morning.......ARGHHH....looking forward to meeting up with you all.

Anonymous said...

Just wanted you to know Bob arrived home safe and sound (he's "catching some ZZZZZ's" right now!). His plane actually got in a couple of minutes early. I haven't seen his pictures yet, but his descriptions of all of your adventures have been great. Bob still has more to tell -- I'm getting his play-by-play of the trip in installments!

Hope all of you have an unbelievable time in the Galapagos Islands! Enjoy the cruise. Keep Bob posted on whether you sampled goat stew! Take care.

Anonymous said...

Hi Tee,
It is so wonderful to come home each night and see pictures and the write up. I have my World Atlas out and I have been tracking your trip. It looks so terrific. What a great experience for you all. I csn't believe you haven't tried the bananas yet. Stay well and enjoy all of your trip.
Love
Grandma Lorraine